skip to main |
skip to sidebar

- The war is being fought over ethnic groups and tribes rather than religious matters as it was in the second Sudanese war.
- This conflict began in 2003 primarily because of the drought, desertification and the overpopulation over the last few decades.
- A Immense amount of casualties, some estimated 50,000 deaths since the beginning of the conflict. Others have estimated 70,000 and a more recent British reports estimates around 300,000 deaths and still others have estimated more.
- Sudan government denys these estimates only estimates around 9,000 deaths.
- 2.5 million have been displaced from their home.
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfur_conflict#Mortality_Figures
2 comments:
The picture you posted for this blog is devastating. I cannot imaging having my home or village burned to the ground like that.
What is desertification? I think it means that the desert is spreading to land that used to be fertile, but I am not sure. Do you know how that influenced the conflict?
Post a Comment